V0.11.15 - Convolutions - where did transpose go?

I’m sure @robertl showed me a Transpose option for Convolutions - where did it go?

Or, when is it coming back? :slight_smile:

Hey @JulianSMoore,
It’s coming back in 0.12.0 :slight_smile:

It required a backend flag which also did not function properly with some other components (the largest update in 0.11.15 from 0.11.13 was just turning that flag off).

Hi @robertl. Ah. That’s kind of a good motivation for release notes… and making them available when and where updates are offered.

If I see that an update fixes something I didn’t know was broken but breaks something else - albeit temporarily - I might not want it; it would be nice to be able to make an informed choice about whether or not to take the update.

I think I’m suggesting a “process improvement” - no release notes, no release :wink: (and info - at least a link - in PL when it says “copy the code” to get an update)

I don’t think anyone wants to stand in the way of you doing what you need to do to extend & advance the product, but I think - especially as the user base expands (because it will!) - you’ll get even more appreciation for transparency - everyone would like to know more.

However, 0.12 isn’t far away… deconvolution can wait a little :smiley:

Completely agree on both getting the release notes more detailed and adding them into the update pop-in inside the tool :slight_smile:
I’ll see if we can get at least some information into that pop-in before 0.12 as it will have some larger changes.

1 Like