Request For Discord

Request that you make a Discord Server for this community
In my opinion, it will be worth it

2 Likes

Hi @bamgm14 :wave:

I know that Discord is very popular, particular as a comms channel for YouTubers and other streamers but I’ve never used it so I’m a bit in the dark about what makes it special…

The forum’s getting quite chatty - without actually having chatrooms, which I think I would rather like - but there’s also Slack (see the menu bar)

What’s your experience with discord? Is there some secret sauce? :slight_smile:

I second this request, been meaning to ask for one.

I know that Discord is very popular, particular as a comms channel for YouTubers and other streamers but I’ve never used it so I’m a bit in the dark about what makes it special…

The forum’s getting quite chatty - without actually having chatrooms, which I think I would rather like - but there’s also Slack (see the menu bar)

Slack caters to more of a developer/remote worker environment with teams n’ such it’s not particularly well suited to a general audience outside of that environment for casual conversation. Also discord will allow for easier engagement with younger audiences wanting to get into ML, they probably never heard of slack even tho both platforms cropped up at the same time and use a similar backend.

3 Likes

Ain’t a Secret Sauce but it’s more popular with my gen for communications. It lets them handle server notifications however they want. So if they don’t want notifications on special offers and updates or something they can manually assign it. I personally have never used Slacks so I can’t speak on it as a comparison but Discord is a lot more free. Anyways my opinion.