Perceptilabs won't open in Chrome

Hi. I just installed Perceptilabs on Windows Server 2019. None of the other similar threads worked for me. Netstat shows no usage of port 8080. Chrome does open with this URL: http://localhost:8080/?token=U7za-3tzYRnGWy-zkl2dTBg5glLzUTzw4Zvit-9V-Sc But the page stays blank.

Installed in Conda environment with Python 3.7. I have no trouble running Jupyter Lab on 8080.

Also not sure it matters but on Django minitor (8000) I get the below:

Issues List

GET /issues/

HTTP 405 Method Not Allowed Allow: POST, OPTIONS Content-Type: application/json Vary: Accept { “detail”: “Method “GET” not allowed.” }

Thanks for the help.

Here is the log: [note I can’t paste it because I’m limited to 2 links] …

1 Like

Hi @gatmontana,
Sorry to hear that you ran into an issue!

We’ll take a look at what might have happened. In the meantime, does any other browser besides Chrome work for you?

All the best,
Robert

Also, can you provide the information from the Network tab in the browser? You can find it by pressing F12.
Thanks in advance!

Hi Robert: same result with Edge and Internet Explorer

Here it is:

Thank you,

Thank you!
Last time we encountered this issue it was because a company firewall was blocking the connection to the login server because the login server is on a port other than 80 or 443.
Do you think this may be the issue for you?

Hi. Yes that’s quite possible. Could it be the firewall in windows server as well (will check tomorrow). Unfortunately it’s unlikely I can get corporate to change firewall settings. Is there anything I can do to get around this issue?

Thank you,

We will at some point make sure that the port PerceptiLabs uses is either 80 or 443, which should work for most company firewalls.
Another alternative would also be our docker version, which can be made to work without hitting the login server, if you would be interested in discussing that?

Do you have any other ideas which may help here @jon?

I think the docker version might be the best option today.
@craigm might be able to comment on how soon we can make keycloak listen on 443

1 Like